Have you thought about what your New Years Resolution will be next year? Choosing a resolution that helps you improve your finances is often a wise choice, but make sure you choose something achievable. Here are 6 good options for on how you can improve your finances over the next 12 months.
- Increase your savings. Every little bit adds up, even if it’s only 5%.
- Cut out one impulse purchase a week. Use the 24-hour rule and sleep on any purchase decisions for 24 hours before spending your hard-earned money.
- Trim your electricity bills by making sure your appliances are all running efficiently and conserving as much energy as possible.
- Increase your marketability by learning new skills or broadening your knowledge in your chosen field.
- Pay down your debt by making it a priority.
- Spend less on groceries. Do whatever it takes to make it happen - use more coupons, cash in on rebate offers, and shop available sales.